We missed last week so this is double edition. Some of the best enlightenment we found on the web these past two weeks:
- Why is the sky dark at night? This is our kind of video explanation.
- Last week our Finances in Your 20s series discussed how and where to save for a rainy day? This week Mint.com discuses when to choose credit over debit?
- Need some enlightenment on how twitter works? Mom, this is how twitter works. We’re here for you when you need to teach her the history of internet slang.
- This article on six things to keep in your wallet sparked a debate on our twitter about wether or not you should keep condoms in your wallet. Go Ask Alice has a good answer.
- Did you read about taming your garbage disposal? While you’re in the kitchen: 10 things you should not refrigerate and what’s better for wrapping leftovers? Foil vs. plastic.
- And now we’re hungry…some easy apple recipes for the frugal fall cook.
- We’ve got an article on how to go gluten-free coming at the end of the month. In the meantime, 7 ways to know when a product is actually gluten-free.
- Might want to sharpen up your restaurant behavior before you check out any of these awesome restaurants.
- Did you know today is International Moment of Frustration Scream Day!? 15 offbeat holidays you can celebrate in October.
- Did you have all 8 tools everyone should own? As a follow-up, we enjoyed this excellent tool tutorial on how to use a power drill.
- This is the last week to register in many states, make sure you haven’t missed your state’s voter registration deadline.
- Ever wondered what Americans earn? NPR breaks it down.
- We started our Expectations vs. Realities series last week, this difficult break up might qualify: how to break up with a friend.
- Learning how to stand up to a bully can be difficult at any age. Our hats are off to this awesome local news anchor for giving us a great example.
Read some good enlightenment this week? Tweet it to us @UNDERenlightend.
Photo by Anastasia Heuer