We are always searching for enlightenment to share. Here’s some enlightenment we found on the web this week:
- Did you read Emily Knight’s defense of Brussels Sprouts? It’s Fall Cookie Week on her blog and she’s doing a daily cookie post. Warning: clicking may inspire an extreme desire for cookies and/or milk.
- There’s been a lot of talk about fresh vegetables on UE lately. But for those of us who eat frozen vegetables, ever wondered how healthy they are? We were happy to know they’re still good for us.
- Now that it’s football season, wondering how fantasy football works? We found some help.
- Enjoying our MacGyver Solution Series? We think MacGyver would approve of these 35 life changing ways to use everyday objects and these 24 things you haven’t considered but probably should. We’re going to go use a water bottle to separate egg yolks right after we put on our duct tape slippers, grab a beer from our new washer turned ice chest, and heat up a slice of pizza with our blow dryer.
- After reading Reusing that Jar: Making Whipped Cream, we wanted to know what else we could make in a jar. DIY Ice Cream in a jar (with whipped cream obviously) just went on our dessert to do list.
- Traveling soon? You’ll start seeing a traveling series on UE next month. But if you’re headed to San Francisco soon, we think these 7 things to understand are a good place to start.
- If you’ve been thinking about your money lately, our finances in your twenties writer, Sara Hamling, suggests heading over to TheBillfold.com and reading some of their awesome how-tos. This unfortunate story will remind you why it’s a good idea to always keep some change in your bag. (If you missed our unfortunate stories last week, our writers share their stolen wallet and locked out woes.)
- We wish someone had told us this in high school: 31 Things I Want my Teenager to Know
- If you ever ventured into FAO Schwarz as a kid, think giant human piano keys are AWESOME, or just generally love stairs, you should watch this.
- We just really want to know where this girl learned to do this. (Can she teach us too?)
- Also, go register to VOTE!
Read some good enlightenment this week? Tweet it to us @UNDERenlightend
Photo by Anastasia Heuer